Jesus once again addressed them: "I am the world's Light. No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in."

Friday, February 4, 2011

Real Talk




My students were in awe when I used the term "real talk", which was a time when I was wanting to really get down to the truth of a matter. Real talk. This is the talk where respect is maintained, but nothing is sugar coated or danced around. It is real.

And this is how I talk to to God. Sometimes there is nothing beautiful about what I say. Sometimes I beg. Sometimes I am angry. Sometimes I yell. Sometimes I cry.

But it is in my brokenness, that God still knows my heart.

When I am broken, I will cry out to God, and in all of my imperfections, I will still give Him the glory.

No matter what happens to me, I will cry out "Hallelujah!!"




No comments:

Post a Comment