Jesus once again addressed them: "I am the world's Light. No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in."

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Death To Self and Living In Christ













"Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? We were therefor buried with Him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life." Romans 6:3-4.
The action of being immersed in the water illustrated dying and being buried with Christ. The action of coming out of the water pictures Christ's resurrection.
I was baptized when I was five, however I feel now, being 29, I fully understand the principles I am striving to live by, and the daily commitment it will take to grow and become more like Christ.
I am passionate about many things. And sometimes too passionate and I need to simmer down. However, the one flame I can never let burn out, is the passion to witness the love of God.
Of course, I am learning how to speak the truth through kind words and patience. There needs to be a balance.
But I will be bold. Everything I do and say is my witness. And I begin by sharing with the world my new life in Christ.


1 comment: