Jesus once again addressed them: "I am the world's Light. No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in."

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I love to analyze songs and find different meanings and different perspectives.
I was listening to this song as I was driving back with my Momma tonight, as we were both really in uncomfortable pain. Mine being from my surgery, in which I truly feel as though I have been in a car wreck, and my Momma, well let's just say her tummy was hurting really bad. So this song was fitting because of all that we are going through, but it's gonna be alright!!
Matt Maher explains his prayers and thoughts behind "Hold Us Together". He came up with the idea of his song when he was on a flight to Nashville. People started talking about how they were nervous about the economy, fearful of losing their homes and all they had worked for all these years. And he thought to himself, "How can the Church respond to those people and what does the Church say when when one is at the end of their rope and how does the Church present the love of God?"
We all desperately need the love of God. However, people place value and worth on tangible things. Material things. External things. Money. House. Car. Job. Yet, what determines the worth of God is the Church. There is value and tangible evidence of God's love when the Church is LIVING OUT the love of God by showing how it has been saved BY the love of God. The Church extends this mercy and love by being a "brother's keeper" to the broken, to the poor, to the weary, to the lost. Because Love is what "holds us together". Things do not. Things will fade. Things will disappear. Love? Love will remain.


No comments:

Post a Comment