Jesus once again addressed them: "I am the world's Light. No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in."

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Our Guide

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.~John 16:13

Watching the signal lights while I am driving reminds me of the signals God gives us. If I do not follow the signals while I am driving, I can really put myself in unnecessary situations. I have been caught running a red light and it is NOT fun when you get that pretty little photo of your license plate in the mail and a $100 fine. Or, when I do not yield to other drivers or cars, which was such the case in a few accidents I encountered because I was in a rush. Or, when the light was obviously green, and I wasn't paying attention, which has made drivers mad. So, it is obvious that I need to sign up for drivers ed, that is a given. But I can also relate my driving to the signals God gives me. And if I am not paying attention, very closely, and I mean CLOSE, I will not hear the Holy Spirit, and I will miss what God has planned for me.

So, as for AMTC, it was one of those situations where I received a signal.

Kayleigh and I both did get a callback the very next morning from an agent. He told me enthusiastically, that we both scored high in modeling, commercial print and TV, and I scored high in a third category, singing. Of course, this would come at a price where we would have to pay to go through their school, which would prepare us for seeing all of the agents that would be at the convention. Which, I understand the logic behind the school because if Kayleigh and I were to go in front of different agencies, we would not be prepared. However, initially, AMTC was not advertised as a school. If AMTC were advertised as a school on the radio, they probably wouldn't have received the initial turnout that they did. And, I really wonder how many people were called back.

For me personally, this was a red signal. Which is a NO from God. And unfortunately many times I have ignored the red signals and have suffered tremendously for going through them. I have also suffered from not YIELDING to God, and waiting on his timing, because I rush things sometimes, wanting it now, now, now. And then I have suffered from not paying attention to the GO signal, in which I have seen many opportunities pass me by.

God knows our heart and knows what is best for us. He has a perfect plan for our lives. It is important to know the Holy Spirit intimately so we can hear him and see the signals as they come. I am ready to STOP, YIELD, and GO whenever God tells me!

2 comments:

  1. We did the program at AMTC and it was such a great experience. It is a great opportunity for those called to the entertainment field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but question the true motives of AMTC. I attended an audition. I was captivated by the prayer and praise and worship. I was even more captivated by the presentation that promoted Jesus in such a way, that gave Him the glory He truly deserves. I auditioned and was so excited at the proposition of working for my King doing something that I love. I indeed received a call back, but my husband and I became real skeptical when we realized how much this program was going cost vs the products received. I have learned how to place my complete trust in God and the leading of the Holy Spirit and how to discern what is of God and was is not. I prayed and sought God earnestly about this opportunity. And like with everything that life brings our way, I was instructed to compare this situation to what the Word of God says. Is the concept of the "Shine" convention an awesome one...absolutely! The motive of the program founders is what troubled me. If it was truly believed by the company owners that having more Christians in media is what they are called to do, then they are going about it all wrong! The heart of God is always one of charity, '...It is more blessed to give than to receive (Acts 20:35). So asking God's people to sow so much money into something that has the potential to yield such little return, is totally against the way our Father asks us live! I can't believe that He would back a company that solicits funds in this manner. Although I agree totally that Jesus needs more place in media, I don't believe this company is the one that He is going to use to do that!!!! I urge you to seek God yourself on this matter and read 1 John 4:1... Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God,.. Sincerely--- A most humble servant of Most High!

    ReplyDelete