Jesus once again addressed them: "I am the world's Light. No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in."

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Best Teaching Method: Model The Lesson


The following is a journal entry of one of my days of prayer.

Praise.
Thank you Lord for another day. Thank your for my added Leadership class. Thank you for the beautiful clouds on the way to Sonja's house. Time with her. Fellowship with You. My Baptism!! Kayleigh Lynn!

Repent.

Please forgive me for thinking judgmental thoughts.


"And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not percieve the plank in your own eye." Luke6:41
Look with spiritual eyes and the glory that is to be revealed in a person. Pray they will be saved. Remember, He is not finished with me yet either. Intercede for others. I will grow to feel compassion and concern for them. List good things about other people. I will trust You with things unseen. I leave it to You. Remember, according to Romans 12:5 and 1 Corinthians 12:7, we are all given different gifts and complement each other. Find the ways in which a person complements me.

Please forgive me for my unkind tone when speaking to others.

"Be wise in the way you act with people who are not believers, making the most of every opportunity. When you talk, you should always be kind and pleasant so you will be able to answer to everyone in the way you should." Colossians 4:5-6
Be an example to believers and unbelievers with my words, actions, faith, and pure life. When unbelievers see the love of Jesus living and shining through me, they will not have to be convinced to believe. They will see the Light.

Ask.
Provide guidance for my best friend and my family. Please provide guidance for the women at the conference. I pray You will stir emotions in the ones who do not believe. Let them look up. God, please help me to stay strong emotionally and physically. Help me feel loved. I no longer want to feel rejected. I no longer want to worry about what I could have done or what I should have said in my life. Please take the guilt of not being good enough.

"God will strengthen you with His own great power so that you will not give up when trouble comes, but you will be patient." Colossians 1:11

"Give worries to the Lord and He will take care of you. He will NEVER let good people down." Psalm 55:22

"Even when you are old, I will be the SAME. Even when your hair has turned gray, I will take care of you. I made YOU and I will take care of you. I will CARRY you and SAVE you." Isaiah 46:4

Yield.
Utilize last name, Holmes, in all aspects of my life. Take advantage of time being single. Give up ELA conference period to teach another Leadership class. Use spiritual gift of singing. Audition!

FYI.
I look up Scriptures based on the TOPIC I am concerned about. Also, gotquestions.org is a great resource for questions you may have about Christianity. I enjoy reading this site because it is based on Scripture. The Word. God's Living Word.

And that's my take, and that's a wrap!



No comments:

Post a Comment